Passenger Ship Safety 2016 (PSS 16)
An increase in the level of sea traffic, coupled with the introduction of significantly larger vessels, means the likelihood, severity and consequences of an incident are in sharp focus. Continuing on from the success of our Naval Damage Control portfolio of events, PSS 16 will explore a variety of issues affecting the industry including power loss, fire risk and response, flooding, personal safety and technological innovations.
PSS 16 provides an international forum for ship operators and owners, Coast Guards, regulatory bodies, search and rescue organisations, flag state representatives, marine fire units and industry representatives to discuss feedback from recent incidents, current research projects and future requirements.
Key focus areas will include;
- Regulating and managing safety at sea
- Fire prevention and detection
- New builds - Demands to meet requirements
- Responding to a crisis
- Fire management
- Technological innovations in life-saving equipment
- Training and simulation for emergency management